How Drone Parachute Works and Its Benefits
Whether you call them miniature pilot-less aircraft or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, it’s no secret that drones are rapidly growing in popularity. More and more people love the idea of owning these devices no matter the reason. In fact, since its inception, it has been used for any practical and innovative purposes.
But a drone is just as good as the system – or person – handling it. And every week, there are a number of incidents across the globe where these devices are involved. In a recent research, there’s at least 250 drone crashes every month. But now, it’s already possible to prevent the heartbreak and risk of physical injuries when drones plummet from air mid-flight. This is thanks to drone parachute, a system that deploys a parachute to safeguard a falling drone back to the ground.
What Are the Main Importance of Drone Parachute
As the name suggests, drone parachutes are particularly designed to avoid crashes. Keep in mind that drones – regardless of size – are incapable of gliding whenever its rotor malfunctions. It plummets straight to earth. Unfortunately, this can result in severe damages on the device itself and, worse, human injuries. The drone parachute system is absolutely a safety solution to avoid said situations.
How It Works
This specialized parachute system is programmed to gust a pressurized gas just in time to avoid a crash mid-flight. The parachute attaches on top of a drone and is designed to detect a free fall. And once the latter happens, it gets deployed automatically without having to press a button whatsoever. Interestingly, the parachute system is beneficial to both commercial and amateur drones.
There are even robust drone parachute systems equipped with an ability to warn bystanders. This is done either via visual or audio signals. It can’t be denied that this is a solution that’ll help the drone market push its potential further. Think also about the level of reliability and safety a drone truly needs. Aren’t these among the benefits that this parachute offers?
The Benefits of Drone Parachute
- Recovery – Drone chutes aren’t just built for rescuing a falling drone. It’s also meant to provide recovery of these fixed-wing devices in hostile terrain. Sure, this device is capable of landing safely in a clear location, but this isn’t always the case. For instance, a drone can fly over buildings, trees, and what have you. When they malfunction, these areas can be a headache, making it impossible for a drone to be recovered. Equipped it with a chute system, however, and it can safely land without hitting a rock or a branch of tree.
- Protects Expensive Gears – From time to time, drones bring with them payloads. This could be a camera or any other gear, but whatever is it, it’s expensive. When an unpowered landing happens, expect a drone to skydive. And what do you think will happen next? Obviously, one of its payloads will either break or get damaged. Interestingly, some parachutes are now being built to cater larger commercial drones. They even have an airbag system that, in one way or another, protects equipped gears when a plummet happens.
- Safety for Bystanders – Wherever a drone flies, it’s expected to go over a location that’s packed with people (except, of course, if it’s a remote location). This is where things can really get messy. A crashing drone could easily hit a person’s head or body incurring minor to serious injuries. It’s pretty much a guaranteed bad outcome. But with a drone parachute, the probability of a good outcome is high. It gives the drone the ability to fall with grace and much slower. According to experts, a parachute is capable of cutting the energy of impact by 98 percent. That’s how powerful this system can really be. Just think of this drone chute as an airbag or seat belt for cars; it’s a safety device with a crystal clear benefit.
- Reusable – The beauty of these drone parachutes is that they can easily be repacked and reused. After they’re deployed, it won’t take you an hour or so to reattach them. As long as their structural integrity is working fine, you can easily reuse the chute in no time. As a matter of fact, if you feel a bit paranoid, you can strap two or more parachutes onto your drones. Even if you’re a casual drone user, you should never forego a purchase like this. This is most especially if you’re fond of getting that beautiful shot from 200 feet up. Not only can you save your drone’s life, you can also save your wallet as time passes by.
- Save Money – This is obviously the main reason to buy and install drone parachutes. A single drone can cause you tons of dollars, though it’s a worthy investment. But no matter how robust this device of yours is, it’s still at risk of falling and getting destroyed. And would you want this to happen to your drone? Of course, not. This only means paying for repairs or, worse, buying a replacement. With chutes, you’re safeguarding your device from the possibility of getting destroyed, allowing you to save money.
- A New Feature – Isn’t it interesting to see and experience a new technology or feature? As a drone enthusiast, you’d love to see your device equipped with the latest design trends and technologies. Or perhaps you’re interested in the idea of using a drone that has this beneficial system. This is exactly what these drone parachutes are. They’re a product of innovation built to provide safety. Apart from that, it’s a new feature that has a potential to further expand the market reach of drones.
The Future of Drone Parachutes
The future of this system is certainly bright, considering the risks that drones posit these days. While it’s a powerful creation without a doubt, it would still benefit from certain upgrades and whatnot’s. It’s particularly a useful asset in an environment where UAV failures happen. Furthermore, it’s a promising system that can be used in drones used for delivery. By decreasing a drone’s descent rate significantly, a delivering a payload safely can be a walk in the park.